Friday, June 22, 2012

A glowing day

It has been a very hot & humid week here, so we have been hanging out inside with all the curtains drawn & the AC on. Since we were living in our own little cave, we decided to try out our Crayola Glow Explosion markers. I had picked them-up on clearance at Target months ago for $2 and change. Not sure I would have paid full price for it, but for $2 it was definitely worth it & fun! Owen enjoyed drawing & practicing his writing with the markers, then going over with the large "glowey" marker to make them glow-in-the dark.



Next, we decided to try this fun glow stick project I had seen on Pinterest. First, the directions should mention that you need to bend/break the glow stick first to activiate it :-) Second, be careful of exploding glow sticks. When attempting to crack the second stick (since I hadn't the first time) it actually exploded all over me, the table, the wall, the rug. This has never happened to me before & I was shocked that exploded when cracking, not even cutting open. So, the 3rd glow-stick was the charm & we got our fairies in a jar to work. Owen loved it & thought it was like a little lantern! It's a little difficult to see, but here is some of our glowing results.

No comments:

Post a Comment