Friday, August 3, 2012

SLIME fun!!






Owen and I made THIS slime after his doctor's appointment Monday. It was a big, fun, messy hit! I was unable to find the liquid starch that is called for in the original post, but I did find a non-aersol spray starch at Target on clearance for $1.60. It sounded like liquid in the bottle, so I figured I would try it :-) I have nothing to compare it to, but my slime turned out, so I think it worked just fine. The original post also calls for 1.5 cups each of the clear glue & the liquid starch. I just used 5 oz (1 bottle of glue) of each & we had plenty to play with. You do have to get in there & really work it & mix it up with your hands to create the slime. Definitely a grown-up step, because the food coloring will end up all over your hands. I didn't like the smell of the starch, but it seemed to lessen the more I worked with it.

As you can see, Owen loved the slime & played with it for over an hour! A winner for me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment